After an historic winter, spring is enlivening the 2015 real estate forecast. The recovering US economy is driving solid growth, fueling job creation and keeping home sales on an upward path.
- NAR forecasts home sales will hit 5.3 million
- Massachusetts housing starts in Boston – up from 50% in 2000 to 90% in 2014
- Boston is reporting 7,200 residential units under construction citywide
- Millennials are poised to buy their first homes and aging boomers are downsizing
- Sub-4% interest rates continue
Locally, how did over 108 inches of snow affected the market? The Big Thaw began in early March, the delay from the harsh winter spiking demand.
- According to Banker & Tradesman, the high-end in Suffolk County is up 24%
- MAR is reporting a 12% rise in JP condo values from 2014, a whopping 30.5% over 5 years
- The Warren Group placed Jamaica Plain 5th on the top 10 list in Massachusetts with the largest home value increases over 9 years
In 2015 Cervone Deegan & Associates is reporting multiple above-asking price bids on listings and buyer purchases. 2014 was CD&A’s second best year ever. In 2014, over 80% of homes listed by CD&A sold above ask, some more than 120%. JP prices for 2014 averaged $543,000, CD&A’s prices averaged $766,000. True for decades, the CD&A team are among top-producing Jamaica Plain real estate brokers, historically selling the lion’s share of the luxury home market.
If you are thinking of selling or buying, call us today. Entrust the purchase or sale of your home to the best – come let us show you the way home.
364 Amory Street, Unit 1, Jamaica Plain
Dramatic corner Loft • 7 Rooms • 2 Bedrooms • Multi-level live/work setting
23 Eliot Street, Unit 1, Jamaica Plain
Exquisite historic residence • 4 Bedrooms • 4.5 Baths • Restored original splendor
20 Louders Lane, Jamaica Plain
Storybook Bungalow• 7 Rooms• 3 Bedrooms
31 Hampstead Road, Jamaica Plain
Grand Victorian-era home • 12 Rooms • 6+ Bedrooms
23 Symmes Street, Roslindale
Charming Bungalow • 7 Rooms • 3 Bedrooms
In Roslindale, condo sales have increased 65% since 2011 and the Bates Real Estate Report added it to “condo-crazed” neighborhoods this year. Inventory is drum tight so far in 2015, fueling bidding on houses as the demand builds.
370 Arborway, Jamaica Plain
Colonial dream • 10 Rooms • 5 Bedrooms
57 Richwood Street, West Roxbury
Spacious and charming Single Family • 9 Rooms • 5 Bedrooms • Beautiful gardens
16 Sigourney Street #H, Jamaica Plain
Impeccably designed duplex condo • 5 Rooms • 2 Bedroom